tag: Mama's Ranting Now: I'm a Winner!

Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm a Winner!


Yes, it's true. I Won! I'm a bona fide, card-carrying, badge-earning winner of NaNoWriMo. I finished writing 50,000 words of pure genius. Well, I can't guarantee that's it's pure genius, but at least it's the beginning of something.

Twenty-five days ago I began with a blank file, the misguided notion that I could write a novel in one month, and an idea for a novel. Now I have 50,000 words of what could someday be a best seller (a girl can dream, right?).

However, please, O, please don't ask me if you can read it now. These 50,000 words are just a draft of the beginning of a novel. Maybe someday in the future, after thousands of revisions, and thousands of more words, I'll actually have something worth reading, but right now I just have 50,000 words, a lot of gaping plot holes, lots of inconsistences, boring dialogue, and probably a lot of worthless nonsense.

But at least for now, I can go back to my previously scheduled life.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations. Are you now considered a novelist?

    ReplyDelete

Do you have any comments or thoughts about this post? Do you have a question? Please let me know.