tag: Mama's Ranting Now: Counting Down to the Marathon

Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Counting Down to the Marathon


That time has arrived.  The marathon is only six days away, and it’s all I can think about, it's all I can talk about, it's all I can dream about.  If any conversation starts, if any topic is brought up, if anyone tries to talk to me about anything other than running, then he better be ready to hear me talk about running because that’s what we’ll be conversing about.  No other topic will do.

Do I really want to hear my husband talk about work or politics?  Do I want to hear my friends talk about the royal wedding or American Idol?  Do I really want to argue with my children about whether our sun is a yellow dwarf or a yellow giant?  I think not!  If it’s not related to running, I know nothing, I see nothing.

Look on the bright side, this also means that in six days, this will all be over.  That's right, because after six days I won't be talking about running, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any comments or thoughts about this post? Do you have a question? Please let me know.