tag: Mama's Ranting Now: My Running Shoes

Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Running Shoes


"How many pairs of running shoes do you need?" asks Hubby as I innocently bat my eyelashes and reply, "two."

"I was just wondering because you seem to have about four pairs in the closet right now," he says.

"No, I only have two pairs of running shoes in there right now," I insist.

Later, I go digging around in the closet and find that I do indeed have four pairs of running shoes in the closet.  But wait, actually I was right when I said I only had two pairs of running shoes because I'm only using two of those pairs as shoes to run with, which I would argue is the correct definition of running shoes.  The other two pairs are merely retired running shoes, like retired greyhound dogs, which I no longer use for running.  One of these pairs is my walking-around-the-house shoes, and the other pair is my walking-around-outside-of-the-house shoes.

So I felt righteous.  I had the right number of running shoes.  Each of these four pairs had their specific function.  I had no more and no less than the right number of shoes that any normal, running person would need; two pairs for running and two pairs for everyday use.  End of story. The end.

Uh, no. Well that's what I told myself until I started finding more of my running shoes.  I think that they were breeding while I was sleeping, sigh.  I found another pair shoved way, way back in the closet under a pile of shoe insoles (don't ask, that's another story).  Then I found another pair in the basket of shoes in the front hall closet.  Then recently, I was looking around in the garage and found another pair of them in the hiking-boot basket in the garage, bringing the total number of pairs to seven.  That is, until I went out onto the back patio with the dog and found another pair covered with cobwebs, leaves and who-knows-what.  That's right, eight!

So next time Hubby asks me how many pairs of running shoes I need, I will know the answer, "Eight, duh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any comments or thoughts about this post? Do you have a question? Please let me know.