tag: Mama's Ranting Now: Mama in Pajamas

Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mama in Pajamas


http://www.mycutegraphics.com

Sitting around the kitchen table, doing school work together as a family, beginning the day at whatever hour works best, wearing pajamas and fuzzy slippers, a typical homeschooling family starts its day. I remember back when I was researching homeschooling this was one of the scenes that was repeatedly painted by homeschooling experts.

I never quite understood the appeal of sitting around past breakfast time still in pajamas. Pajamas are for sleeping and nothing else, that is, unless you're sick or you have a newborn. The thought of going past breakfast still wearing my pajamas is depressing. I can't walk to the mailbox in my pajamas. I'm not sure why, but all I know is that if I have to open the front door for any reason, I will at least put on some real pants.

Apparently, I'm strange (surprised?). It seems that wearing pajamas in public is the thing for the PTO crowd to do, particularly while dropping children off at school. It's like a scene straight out of People of Walmart. I almost feel overdressed in the morning dropping my children off while wearing jeans, a Target crewneck, and gym shoes. That's right, I didn't get the memo. I can almost hear the other moms thinking, "Who does she think she is? Wearing real clothes here like that."

So, in tribute to these moms, and dedicated to their traumatized children, I present to you, my highly-regarded, award-winning, five-star poem entitled "Mama in Pajamas."


she drives the kids to school
with rollers in her hair
she looks like such a fool
you wish she wasn't there

she walks out of the car
with slippers on her feet
why does she walk so far
why can't she be discreet

you hope your friends can't see
maybe they're all asleep
oh, Lord please have mercy
or else you just might weep

mama in pajamas
morning, noon and bedtime
tell your shrink your traumas
of mama drama school time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have any comments or thoughts about this post? Do you have a question? Please let me know.