tag: Mama's Ranting Now: First Harvest

Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

First Harvest



I know, I know, it's been a week since my last post, but it's just been crazy, crazy, crazy at our house these past few days.  Not only has the weather improved (no more rain, no more tornadoes, and finally warmer weather), we're getting to the end of the school year.  And not to be outdone, the garden is off to a great start.

Here you can see our first planting of radishes ready to be harvested.  


And here you see them right after being harvested.


I was never a fan of radishes, that is, until I started gardening, now I love radishes.  They are one of the funnest vegetables to grow, mostly because they can be planted in the early spring, they grow quickly, and they don't get diseases or pests like some of the other vegetables do.

These radishes were amazing in a radish salad of radishes (obviously, right?), orange segments, red onions, fresh mint, olive oil, and salt and pepper.  Yum!

I can't wait for the next crop of radishes to be ready so I can have that salad again.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a big fan of radishes... I suppose I'll have to give them another try!

    ReplyDelete

Do you have any comments or thoughts about this post? Do you have a question? Please let me know.